Need a Lasting Power of Attorney?
Your Lasting Power of Attorney is a legal tool that allows you to appoint someone to make decisions on your behalf. It gives them the authority to make the big decisions if you lack mental capacity or have a long term illness at some point in the future. In a Lasting Power of Attorney, you’re known as the ‘donor’ and the trusted people you choose to make the decisions are called ‘attorneys’.
With 1 in 14 People over the age of 65 now suffering from Dementia, it’s good to have a plan. This is why putting your Finance & Property and Health & Welfare Lasting Power of Attorneys in place NOW will help.
What happens if there’s no Lasting Power of Attorney?
Often, people are unaware of the consequences failing to set up a Lasting Power of Attorney could have, including:
- Without a Lasting Power of Attorney, your family may need to go to court which may cause unnecessary anxiety, hassle, delays and expense and may result into feelings of powerlessness as decisions are taken away from them.
- The courts may have to appoint someone to manage your financial affairs as you did not arrange for a Lasting Power of attorney to be in place.
- Your friends or family may need to go to court to get authority to act on your behalf which could be an upsetting experience.
- Doctors and Consultants could rule on your health matters and ignore the wishes that you expressed to loved ones.
Our team is very much aware of the impact some of these experiences can cause to family and loved ones and by setting up a Lasting Power of Attorney today, you will make things easier in the future as someone you have trust in will have the ability to make decisions for you, whilst you keep control of your affairs now.
Our specialist consultant will come to your home or take details over the phone or via Zoom at a time convenient for you and your family. Using Bispham Legal Services to set up your Lasting Power of Attorney ensures you will:
- Deal with warm and friendly accredited consultants;
- Receive expert advice tailored to your specific situation;
- Be reassured that we prepare thousands of Lasting Powers of Attorney each year in the UK;
- Have your Lasting Power of Attorney prepared and registered for you;
- Be in full control;
- Enjoy a hassle free process;
- Receive a quick turnaround if required;
- Pay an affordable fixed price;
- 5-Star Google Review Rating.
IMPORTANT – Registration and the Office of the Public Guardian
Your Power of Attorney must be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian before it can be used. We can take care of this for you.
Contact Us Today.
Get in touch if you have a question, need advice or would like to book an appointment
FREEPHONE: 0800 5999 668